Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Netgear Wireless Router Password

Netgear Wireless Router Password

Milarpa

For the life of me, I thought that the default password
for netgear wireless routers was blank and the user field was
admin. Admittedly, I may have this confused with Linksys. I have a
mr814 reset to default and can't find the documentation. Can someone
confirm user and pass for default netgear routers? (just setting up
a small wireless network, no funny business intended)

Thanks!

Milarpa

dennis

"Milarpa" <milarpa.at.gmail.com> wrote in message

> For the life of me, I thought that the default password
> for netgear wireless routers was blank and the user field was
> admin. Admittedly, I may have this confused with Linksys. I have a
> mr814 reset to default and can't find the documentation. Can someone
> confirm user and pass for default netgear routers? (just setting up
> a small wireless network, no funny business intended)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Milarpa

according to their reference guide (from their webpage) it is username of
'admin' and password of 'password'.

dennis

Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\)

"Milarpa" <milarpa.at.gmail.com> wrote in message

> For the life of me, I thought that the default password
> for netgear wireless routers was blank and the user field was
> admin. Admittedly, I may have this confused with Linksys. I have a
> mr814 reset to default and can't find the documentation. Can someone
> confirm user and pass for default netgear routers? (just setting up
> a small wireless network, no funny business intended)

Well as you know most routers if you do a *hard* reset will set itself back
to the factory user-id and PSW. You could then go to the Netgear site and
got the User manual for the router and it would have told you the
information you seek.

Duane