Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ADSL Wireless- Computer freezes.

ADSL Wireless- Computer freezes.

Jamie

I have recently got ADSL wireless internet on. Ever since I have it's been
on I leave my computer switched on for a couple of hours and when I go back
the light on the wireless adapter has gone out and my computer has
completely frozen. I can't even push ctrl Alt Delete to find out what's
going on all I can do is push the reset button. Does anyone have any idea
what's going on?

JANA

If you are running 2000 or XP, did you check the event logs, to see what the
error report is?

Have Dr. Watson running on the startup, so that you can have a detailed
system log, to check all the events that have been going on. The help system
in Windows has some very good details about using Dr. Watson. Do a search
for using Dr. Watson.

It is possible that there is a caching problem, or a driver problem with the
wireless card, or something in the hardware is failing.

These problems are sometimes difficult to find. Sometimes re-installation of
the drivers, or swapping the involved hardware is the route to go for
troubleshooting this type of thing. However, start by checking the event
logs.

--

JANA
_____

"Jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g0Bje.10003$(E-Mail Removed)...
I have recently got ADSL wireless internet on. Ever since I have it's been
on I leave my computer switched on for a couple of hours and when I go back
the light on the wireless adapter has gone out and my computer has
completely frozen. I can't even push ctrl Alt Delete to find out what's
going on all I can do is push the reset button. Does anyone have any idea
what's going on?

Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\)

"Jamie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g0Bje.10003$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have recently got ADSL wireless internet on. Ever since I have it's been
> on I leave my computer switched on for a couple of hours and when I go
> back
> the light on the wireless adapter has gone out and my computer has
> completely frozen. I can't even push ctrl Alt Delete to find out what's
> going on all I can do is push the reset button. Does anyone have any idea
> what's going on?

That's life with the wireless sometimes. Do you have the same problem if the
machine is connected with a wire connection. If this is an NT based O/S like
Win 2k or XP did you download the card's driver and install the driver and
configure the card using the Device Manager on the O/S? Using the O/S Device
Manager to do the install and config of the wireless card can make things
more stable using wireless. Are you using the card's utility to show signal
strength, which can also make things unstable between the utility and the
O/S?

Duane

Warrant Officer Rodney Monningway-Appersten

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! You techno-****tard ****.