Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Internet Acess

Internet Acess

Kevin Haas

I have a Win XP Pro box at my office. I want to create a user account which
will not have access to the Internet. I've searched for a solution, but I
cannot find one. Please help.

Thanks

Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\)

"Kevin Haas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vuwje.286$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Win XP Pro box at my office. I want to create a user account which
>will not have access to the Internet. I've searched for a solution, but I
>cannot find one. Please help.

What you would do is use NTFS with the account and set file permissions for
the account for any program that accesses the Internet that account couldn't
execute/run the program. Such a program would be IExplorer.exe (Internet
Explorer) as an example.

Duane