Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with ASUS BuiltIn NIC

Problem with ASUS BuiltIn NIC

Berty

Did anyone experience problem with ASUS Motherboard Builtin 10/100
NIC's ?

My Motherboard after boot sometime connect me to the internet in no
time and some time I simple don't get link (as can be indicated by my
router led) for quite some time.

S.Heenan

Berty wrote:
> Did anyone experience problem with ASUS Motherboard Builtin 10/100
> NIC's ?
>
> My Motherboard after boot sometime connect me to the internet in no
> time and some time I simple don't get link (as can be indicated by my
> router led) for quite some time.

Which motherboard, NIC, and router ? xDSL, cable, or ?

Have you tried bypassing the router ?

Berty

The motherboard I use is P4E Deluxe.
I pretty much sure the onboard Intel NIC is the problem since when I
put a NIC card and use it instead of the onboard all work perfectly ok.
I didn't seem to find any update for the NIC but maybe I miss
something and someone already experience and have solution for this.
The router for what is matter is Netgear SuperG type Connected to Cable.

Hate K-CSC Duane ;-\)

"Berty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> The motherboard I use is P4E Deluxe.
> I pretty much sure the onboard Intel NIC is the problem since when I
> put a NIC card and use it instead of the onboard all work perfectly ok.
> I didn't seem to find any update for the NIC but maybe I miss
> something and someone already experience and have solution for this.
> The router for what is matter is Netgear SuperG type Connected to Cable.

Well go get yourself another NIC 3Com, Linksys, Netgear or whatever a
standalone NIC and put it into the machine and disable the other NIC on the
motherboard via the O/S and go on about your business. What? A NIC cost
about $20 US.

Duane