Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Protocol and bandwidth analyzer

Protocol and bandwidth analyzer

Chris

With all the spam coming into our mail server, I was curious to find
out how much bandwidth it is using. Our network services provider
hooked into the Cisco switch and monitored the port where the internet
router is connected. He used Network Instruments Observer Suite - It
was pretty nice. We could see all traffic by IP address, host name,
protocol type, etc. I like this as a troubleshooting tool, but I am
sure I don't need all the functionality of the Observer suite.
Any recommedations for a tool that will allow me to monitor all
traffic on a port and break it down like I mentioned above? I would
also like to be able to monitor more than one port on the switch at a
time. Cheaper is better! Thanks.

Chris.

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Chris,

You may want to investigate the Freeware edition of PRTG Traffic
Grapher:

http://www.paessler.com/prtg/faqs

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

asp code parser and analyzer Vadym Stetsyak ASP General 4 05-26-2005 10:53 AM
which protocol analyzer Benson Cisco 6 08-31-2004 11:55 AM
Protocol Chart - Learn how to use a Protocol Analyzer news.comcast.giganews.com Wireless Networking 0 08-21-2004 04:35 PM
When i try to implement a server program giving UDP as protocol , it works fine , but if the same code is executed with TCP as protocol option, it gives an error. Tompyna Perl Misc 4 02-17-2004 06:51 PM
what is the best protocol analyzer ? shinhyuk Cisco 6 12-26-2003 01:26 AM

Advertisments