Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CallManager 4.1 - Call Forwarding

CallManager 4.1 - Call Forwarding

Mike Bromwich

Our reception number is directed to a Hunt Pilot, which points to a
Hunt List containing a number of Line Groups. Ordinarily, users in the
Line Groups can forward their phone elsewhere, and others can collect
their calls using Pickup. However, when calls come in through the
Pilot/List/Group, call forwarding does not work and the calls cannot be
picked-up by another user. When the phone is set to forward, it no
longer rings but the call is not delivered to the destination phone.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Tinu

Mike Bromwich wrote:
> Our reception number is directed to a Hunt Pilot, which points to a
> Hunt List containing a number of Line Groups. Ordinarily, users in the
> Line Groups can forward their phone elsewhere, and others can collect
> their calls using Pickup. However, when calls come in through the
> Pilot/List/Group, call forwarding does not work and the calls cannot be
> picked-up by another user. When the phone is set to forward, it no
> longer rings but the call is not delivered to the destination phone.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Call Forwards in not possible.
(imagine everybody forwards his phone to the mobile and you have a
broadcast group...)
There is a workaround for pickup anyway.

1234 is the HP number in my example.

You have now
- Huntpilot (1234)
- List
- Lines

Change that to
- "Virtual Phone" (1234) with Pickup, CFA to
- Huntpilot 8881234* (*must be a different number, or do tricks with
CSS/partitions)
- List
- Lines

This way a call to 1234 gets an entry for pickup and the lines will
ring too.

If you enable web access to the virtual phone (ccmuser), an assistent
can even forward this number to other destinations without admin
involvment.

Not *very* pretty, but feasible.

I hope that helps.
Martin

forwarding Args&&... vs forwarding Args... Andrew Tomazos C++ 5 01-05-2012 11:15 PM
SKYPE + VoSKY Call Centre - Call Forwarding Question. Mark UK VOIP 4 08-04-2006 10:15 PM
CallManager call delay supernet Cisco 3 12-09-2005 12:13 PM
Problem with Call Forwarding (CallManager 3.3) Jon O'Dell Cisco 1 11-25-2004 11:16 PM
Problem with Call Forwarding (CallManager 3.3) Jon O'Dell Cisco 0 11-17-2004 11:02 AM

Advertisments