Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Remotely controlling a PC - How can one tell this is happening?

Remotely controlling a PC - How can one tell this is happening?

TC

My company can remotely access PCs on the network. This is done for
obvious reasons to help the company be more efficient with computer
support.

We have been assured that when they do access our PCs, we will be
informed. My PC has been accessed on several occasions without me being
informed. This concerns me. I don't mind them checking up on me as I
don't surf the net but what does concern me is that someone can access
my PC remotely and do whatever they want. Including surfing the net.

It also raises the question of if it is in fact, someone at my company
or someone else.

Is there any way to tell when someone is remotely accessing your PC?

Hate K-CSC -- Duane ;-\)

"TC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:R03he.20894$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> My company can remotely access PCs on the network. This is done for
> obvious reasons to help the company be more efficient with computer
> support.

ok

> We have been assured that when they do access our PCs, we will be
> informed. My PC has been accessed on several occasions without me being
> informed. This concerns me. I don't mind them checking up on me as I
> don't surf the net but what does concern me is that someone can access
> my PC remotely and do whatever they want. Including surfing the net.

It's not your PC. It's the company's PC. A company's security may have a
back door on the machine and can watch your activity without some remote
control program and you won't even know it.

> It also raises the question of if it is in fact, someone at my company
> or someone else.

If you have a concern about this, then I suggest you take it up with your
company as the machine could be hacked.

> Is there any way to tell when someone is remotely accessing your PC?

No, unless you're setting there watching them at the screen and you should
know when it's happening if the remote control program is being used.

Duane