Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Norton and adware

Norton and adware

ok

My wife's computer is being plagued with pop-ups. I'm running Norton
Antivirus, Adaware and Zone Alarm. Norton Antivirus detects the adware but
doesn't have remove as an option. I can skip it or I can exclude it, but I
can't delete it.
Any help would be appreciated.

What's in a Name?

ok wrote:
> My wife's computer is being plagued with pop-ups. I'm running Norton
> Antivirus, Adaware and Zone Alarm. Norton Antivirus detects the
> adware but doesn't have remove as an option. I can skip it or I can
> exclude it, but I can't delete it.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried scanning in safe-mode?
Did you make a note of the location of the offending file(s)?
Have you tried to manually delete it/them?
Are you using a pop-up stopper?
Clean the system,see: Virus Removal Instructions
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
Then read this: Keeping Windows Clean
http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/keepingclean.html
-max