Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD-Text

CD-Text

John

I think I have finally found out why my audio CDs didn't contain the
CD-Text after burning.

I have the Pioneer DVR-109 CD/DVD-RW, and after double checking the
Pioneer site, I can only see CD-Text supported in reading not writing!
Doh! If this is definitely the case it really sucks. It is a
completely new drive, so you'd expect it to be supported.

I also have a Samsung CD-RW which, I took out my system to make room,
and because I already have two 5.25" drives, a DVD-RW for burning
DVDs, and a DVD-Rom, that can play all regions.

I will have to buy a Ultra ATA card so I can plug in the Samsung
again, hopefully that will support it? If not, I may have to go back
to a really old Firewire external Yamaha 16x CD-RW I have and try my
luck with that. If none of them work I'll have to go and buy a Sony
CD-RW, that would surely have to work seen as they created the
feature!

As for software, apparently Windows Media Player doesn't support the
reading of CD-Text from burned audio CDs according to the Nero Support
reply I received the other day.

It's been one thing after another this year so far for me. I have
still got to test DVD-Lab to see if that works well for me.

John

secret squiddle

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think I have finally found out why my audio CDs didn't contain the
> CD-Text after burning.
>
> I have the >SNIP<
>
> It's been one thing after another this year so far for me. I have
> still got to test DVD-Lab to see if that works well for me.
>
> John

John you really need to get things in perspective. People are dying of
disease and hunger all the time. You are not having a bad year.

You have some minor technical problems which do not cause severe damage to
your long term existance.

http://ww.makepovertyhistory.org/

**SS**