Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 8X DVD Writer to a 16X

8X DVD Writer to a 16X

Whorrorfan

I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a Dynex
DX-DVDRW8.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

WebWalker

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:33:11 -0500, "Whorrorfan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
>friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a Dynex
>DX-DVDRW8.

Flash the drive firmware?
Any flashing is risky, you might end up having a death drive.

--
WebWalker

Plato

Whorrorfan wrote:

> I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
> friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a Dynex
> DX-DVDRW8.

If there was such a file to do that I wouldnt try it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

ToMh

"Whorrorfan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
> friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a
> Dynex
> DX-DVDRW8.
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance

Firmware updates can make an 8X drive work with 16X disks,
but it won't double the speed. That's usaully a HW limititation that can't
be fixed by FW.