Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What can prevent conntecting to a website?

What can prevent conntecting to a website?

ToMh

My home computer cannot connect to the site www.all2ez.net
I can connect to it from work, but not from my home computer.
I have no problem with any other sites. I have looked at all
my internet settings and can't see anything that could explain this.
I cleaned up all the cookies, temp files and tried turning the
firewall off and on , truned enabled/disabled cookies, none of
which make any difference.
Does anybpdy have any ideas of what things to check for that
might cause this.
I have XP with SP 2.

Thanks
Tom

Muhammad Khan

Try to turn off all the firewalls, including windows XP. Any pop blocker ,
including windows xp. If behind the router, bypass the router. Try to type
IP address of this site in browser 66.242.160.105. Try to ping from dos
prompt by url and also IP.
Muhammad

"ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1114719065.4c06f9c1ec6776461b1142121ed38c74@t eranews...
> My home computer cannot connect to the site www.all2ez.net
> I can connect to it from work, but not from my home computer.
> I have no problem with any other sites. I have looked at all
> my internet settings and can't see anything that could explain this.
> I cleaned up all the cookies, temp files and tried turning the
> firewall off and on , truned enabled/disabled cookies, none of
> which make any difference.
> Does anybpdy have any ideas of what things to check for that
> might cause this.
> I have XP with SP 2.
>
> Thanks
> Tom

ToMh

"Muhammad Khan" <m.khan NoSpam @ NoSpam comcast.net> wrote in message
news:cuice.26263$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try to turn off all the firewalls, including windows XP. Any pop blocker
> ,
> including windows xp. If behind the router, bypass the router. Try to
> type
> IP address of this site in browser 66.242.160.105. Try to ping from dos
> prompt by url and also IP.
> Muhammad

Thanks, I tried all that expect the ping. How do you find out the IP
address for a website?

-Tom

> "ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1114719065.4c06f9c1ec6776461b1142121ed38c74@t eranews...
>> My home computer cannot connect to the site www.all2ez.net
>> I can connect to it from work, but not from my home computer.
>> I have no problem with any other sites. I have looked at all
>> my internet settings and can't see anything that could explain this.
>> I cleaned up all the cookies, temp files and tried turning the
>> firewall off and on , truned enabled/disabled cookies, none of
>> which make any difference.
>> Does anybpdy have any ideas of what things to check for that
>> might cause this.
>> I have XP with SP 2.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tom

K-CSC

"ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1114790568.dd8b316eb59feeda79c7f2e8cd102457@t eranews...

> "Muhammad Khan" <m.khan NoSpam @ NoSpam comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:cuice.26263$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try to turn off all the firewalls, including windows XP. Any pop blocker
>> ,
>> including windows xp. If behind the router, bypass the router. Try to
>> type
>> IP address of this site in browser 66.242.160.105. Try to ping from dos
>> prompt by url and also IP.
>> Muhammad
>>

> Thanks, I tried all that expect the ping. How do you find out the IP
> address for a website?

ping www.micorsoft.com

K-CSC

ToMh

"K-CSC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1114790568.dd8b316eb59feeda79c7f2e8cd102457@t eranews...
>>
>> "Muhammad Khan" <m.khan NoSpam @ NoSpam comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:cuice.26263$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Try to turn off all the firewalls, including windows XP. Any pop
>>> blocker ,
>>> including windows xp. If behind the router, bypass the router. Try to
>>> type
>>> IP address of this site in browser 66.242.160.105. Try to ping from dos
>>> prompt by url and also IP.
>>> Muhammad
>>>

>> Thanks, I tried all that expect the ping. How do you find out the IP
>> address for a website?
>>

> ping www.micorsoft.com
>
> K-CSC

Gee, that was too obvious

WebWalker

Try another Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox?

--
WebWalker

Muhammad Khan

66.242.160.105 is the address of this site

"ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1114790568.dd8b316eb59feeda79c7f2e8cd102457@t eranews...

> "Muhammad Khan" <m.khan NoSpam @ NoSpam comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:cuice.26263$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Try to turn off all the firewalls, including windows XP. Any pop

blocker
> > ,
> > including windows xp. If behind the router, bypass the router. Try to
> > type
> > IP address of this site in browser 66.242.160.105. Try to ping from dos
> > prompt by url and also IP.
> > Muhammad
> >

> Thanks, I tried all that expect the ping. How do you find out the IP
> address for a website?
>
> -Tom
>

> > "ToMh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1114719065.4c06f9c1ec6776461b1142121ed38c74@t eranews...
> >> My home computer cannot connect to the site www.all2ez.net
> >> I can connect to it from work, but not from my home computer.
> >> I have no problem with any other sites. I have looked at all
> >> my internet settings and can't see anything that could explain this.
> >> I cleaned up all the cookies, temp files and tried turning the
> >> firewall off and on , truned enabled/disabled cookies, none of
> >> which make any difference.
> >> Does anybpdy have any ideas of what things to check for that
> >> might cause this.
> >> I have XP with SP 2.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Tom

ToMh

"WebWalker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try another Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox?
>
> --
> WebWalker

Tried IE and Firefox would can't find the site.

ToMh

"Muhammad Khan" <m.khan NoSpam @ NoSpam comcast.net> wrote in message
news:BGDce.26572$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 66.242.160.105 is the address of this site

Thanks, I tried that and the url, neither could connect.