Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > columns into vertical data

columns into vertical data

NewsGuy

Hi,

I have horizantal columns of data that I copy to and from excel and notepad.
I need to change them for one aplication to a vertical sequence. Any ideas
how to do that?

Thanks,
Newsguy

Robert Baer

NewsGuy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have horizantal columns of data that I copy to and from excel and notepad.
> I need to change them for one aplication to a vertical sequence. Any ideas
> how to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Newsguy

Horizontal data structure is called ROWS.
I believe Excel has a "transform" function that will do that.
If not, you can always write a macro that will do that.