Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Source for Maxtor

Source for Maxtor

John R. Pickett

I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

K-CSC

"John R. Pickett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:26af9$426ec094$c0efabd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
> any
> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

It's one of the best.

K-CSC

Jack Suttles

Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will find that Tiger Direct is not
so good. Zip Zoom Fly is top notch. I've used them and always been pleased,
and you'll find that their ratings are very good as well.
"K-CSC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "John R. Pickett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:26af9$426ec094$c0efabd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
>> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>> any
>> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?
>>

> http://www.tigerdirect.com/
>
> It's one of the best.
>
> K-CSC

Robert Baer

John R. Pickett wrote:

> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

I have never had problems with BUY.COM, but Tiger Direct not only
charges too much, has an abusive multiple-product pricing scheme, and
they are poor in responding to replacement queries.

K-CSC

"Jack Suttles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:65Dbe.24092$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will find that Tiger Direct is
> not so good. Zip Zoom Fly is top notch. I've used them and always been
> pleased, and you'll find that their ratings are very good as well.

I have never had a problem out of TD. The have been helpful on the phone
with issues I have has with products. The have sent back products for
replacement and I have had no problems. I have even sent a product back that
I really didn't want and TD had no problem in putting my money into my
account.

Ratings are a dime a dozen and I have had no problems using TD or CDW too.

K-CSC

K-CSC

"Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FMEbe.14781$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> John R. Pickett wrote:
>
>> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
>> drive.
>> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>> any
>> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?
>>

> I have never had problems with BUY.COM, but Tiger Direct not only
> charges too much, has an abusive multiple-product pricing scheme, and they
> are poor in responding to replacement queries.

I have dealt with TD and they have been right on top of my purchases. I have
had no problems. I have returned some equipment I had purchased with them
for replacements and had absolutely no problems queries and all -- none.

K-CSC

Joe

I have bought from Tiger before but will wasn't that pleased. There prices
are only average unless you are buying something with a rebate. They do a
bunch of advertising of real low prices with rebates but they just aint
worth the hassel to me. The last thing I bought from them was a barebones
system which was supposed to be about 50 bucks after rebates. Well it had 4
rebates on it all of which I filled out and sent in but I only got 2 of them
so it ended up costing me about 120 dollars which I would have never paid.
All and all for the (Price and Service) combo Newegg can not be beat for
the most part. They always ship the next day at the latest, they use fedex
so I always get my order within 5 days, and there prices are rarely beat by
much.

Joe

> "Robert Baer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FMEbe.14781$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
>> John R. Pickett wrote:
>>
>>> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
>>> drive.
>>> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>>> any
>>> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?
>>>

>> I have never had problems with BUY.COM, but Tiger Direct not only
>> charges too much, has an abusive multiple-product pricing scheme, and
>> they are poor in responding to replacement queries.

> I have dealt with TD and they have been right on top of my purchases. I
> have had no problems. I have returned some equipment I had purchased with
> them for replacements and had absolutely no problems queries and all --
> none.
>
> K-CSC

K-CSC

news:9%Ube.10587$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have bought from Tiger before but will wasn't that pleased. There prices
>are only average unless you are buying something with a rebate. They do a
>bunch of advertising of real low prices with rebates but they just aint
>worth the hassel to me. The last thing I bought from them was a barebones
>system which was supposed to be about 50 bucks after rebates. Well it had 4
>rebates on it all of which I filled out and sent in but I only got 2 of
>them so it ended up costing me about 120 dollars which I would have never
>paid.
> All and all for the (Price and Service) combo Newegg can not be beat
> for the most part. They always ship the next day at the latest, they use
> fedex so I always get my order within 5 days, and there prices are rarely
> beat by much.
>
> Joe

Hey, if the manufacturer who gives the rebate doesn't honor it, then you
need to take it up with the manufacture. I brought two things one time not
related to TD and the manufactures of these products did a song and dance on
them. I got my rebates when I purchased all the equipment from TD on the
parts that had rebates for the desktop that was built. I don't particularly
look for rebates. The ground carrier makes no difference. If you want it
faster you pay. I always got my stuff within two days of the order since I
am close to a TD distribution center and that's UPS regular ground.

K-CSC