Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > A decent player

Reply
Thread Tools

A decent player

 
 
Rod Speed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2005

primo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42756338$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rod is a smartarse.


You are a ****wit.

> As you have seen if you reply to his request for help


He didnt even do that.

> he responds with negative comments and infers he knows more than you.


I clearly do. You ****wits cant even manage to work out that
the files I save are fine AND THAT I WAS JUST ASKING ABOUT
A PLAYER THAT MAKES IT EASY TO SKIP BURSTS OF ADS.

> The fact of the matter is Rod cant get his software to work correctly.


Lying again. I clearly said that I save in dvr-ms format and that works fine.

I JUST ASKED ABOUT A PLAYER THAT MAKES IT EASY TO
SKIP BURSTS OF ADS WITH A SINGLE KEYSTROKE ETC.

> The fact of the matter is that unlike everyone else Rod cant work it out for
> himself and had to go to multiple newsgroups begging for help.


I clearly did work it out for myself and commented on the things
about the particular players that I didnt like some detail of.

> The fact of the matter is Rod couldnt use Google to work it out for himself
> and had to ask for help.


Wrong again, I clearly did find some players that way.

> And the funniest thing is that after a week of searching and asking and giving
> smartalec comments Rod still cant get it to work.


Stupid little **** hasnt even noticed that I have already said
that DVRview works fine and has a very convenient approach
to skipping bursts of ads, which is what I asked about doing.

> As everyone can see you can do it and Rod cant.


Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you cant
even manage to read and comprehend a newsgroup post.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jeff Rife
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2005
First thing, stop adding back snipped things. It's rude.

Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.digital-tv:
> > If your recording software saves a 16:9 program as 4:3
> > when saving as MPEG, exactly which piece of software
> > is broken: your recording software or your player?

>
> Neither.


So, you're broken, then, I guess.

Your original postings:

Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.digital-tv:
|> Must work with either dvr-ms or mpeg files because anything else is much too
|> slow to convert into what it can use. ts files at pinch but they are much
|> bigger.

Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.digital-tv:
|> JustMe <@> wrote in message
|> news:426cee8e$0$10307$(E-Mail Removed) u...
|>
|> > You can save a step if you save on disk as .mpg files.
|>
|> That isnt viable, its 4:3 format.

> > OK, then live with it and stop bitching here.

>
> I never did 'bitch here', YOU claimed that a step could be saved
> by saving in mpeg format, YOU got that wrong. Like that or lump it.


No, *I* never claimed that. Somebody else did. And, yes, you are bitching
about not being able to find player software that plays with the format
you *want* it to record in.

But, you say it won't work because "its [sic] 4:3 format".

OK, so your recording software saves in 4:3 format when using MPEG files.
This is all we know from this statement. Because of your cryptic (and
rude) responses, I had to spell out the following observations:

If the original source broadcast was 4:3, this shouldn't be a problem.
If the original source broadcast was 16:9, then your recording software
is *broken* when saving MPEG files, since it saves 16:9 as 4:3.

It's not the job of a player to fix broken recordings.

> I didnt even complain you fool. YOU clearly claimed that a step could be
> saved by saving in mpeg format, YOU got that wrong. Like that or lump it.


As you can see, I never claimed that. Somebody else did.

So, what, exactly is the problem you are having with your player software,
then, that wouldn't be solved if your recording software didn't save MPEGs
as 4:3?

--
Jeff Rife | "Wow, I've never seen you this
| bitter...I like it."
|
| -- Richard Karinsky, "Caroline in the City"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rod Speed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2005

Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> First thing, stop adding back snipped things.


Go and **** yourself.

> It's rude.


Wrong again.

> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>>>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>>>>>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>>>>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>>>>>>>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>>>>>>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JustMe <@> wrote


>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The most I do is trim the start and end crap off the commercial
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> recordings which I record about 10 mins extra at the start and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> often an hour or so extra at the end because the commercials
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hardly ever manage to stick to the program guide times.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thats slower than it should be tho, even with fast tools.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What with the conversion of the dvr-ms files to mpeg,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trimming with mpeg-vcr and burning to DVD, it takes
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> something like 30 mins or so for a 1 hour program segment
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and isnt completely automatic. Damned irritating time.


>>>>>>>>>>>>> You can save a step if you save on disk as .mpg files.


>>>>>>>>>>>> That isnt viable, its 4:3 format.


>>>>>>>>>>> MPEG can handle 4:3 just fine.


>>>>>>>>>> Yes, the problem is that I dont want 4:3


>>>>>>>>>>> It actually can handle any aspect ratio at all, but not all
>>>>>>>>>>> decoders/players can deal with arbitrary aspect ratios.


>>>>>>>>>> I was commenting on the format of the mpg files.


>>>>>>>>> If the source was 4:3, then it seems silly to not want 4:3.


>>>>>>>> Pity that the source isnt 4:3


>>>>>>>>> If the source *wasn't* 4:3, then the MPEG file
>>>>>>>> won't be, either, and you'll get what you want.


>>>>>>>> Wrong. When saved in dvr-ms or ts format, you dont get 4:3


>>>>>>>> When saved in mpeg format, it is.


>>>>>>> Get better software.


>>>>>> Dont need to.


>>>>> Apparently, you do.


>>>> Wrong again.


>>> If your recording software saves a 16:9 program as 4:3
>>> when saving as MPEG, exactly which piece of software
>>> is broken: your recording software or your player?


>> Neither.


> So, you're broken, then, I guess.


Guess again.

Your original postings:

> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote


>> Must work with either dvr-ms or mpeg files because
>> anything else is much too slow to convert into what
>> it can use. ts files at pinch but they are much bigger.


Has no relevance what so ever to what was clearly
being discussed in the quoting you keep snipping.


> Rod Speed ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote
>> JustMe <@> wrote


>>> You can save a step if you save on disk as .mpg files.


>> That isnt viable, its 4:3 format.


And that doesnt even 'save a step' when
the player can play dvr-ms files, stupid.


>>> OK, then live with it and stop bitching here.


>> I never did 'bitch here', YOU claimed that a step could be saved
>> by saving in mpeg format, YOU got that wrong. Like that or lump it.


> No, *I* never claimed that. Somebody else did.


Whoopy do.

> And, yes, you are bitching about not being able to find player
> software that plays with the format you *want* it to record in.


Wrong again, I was looking for a player that will do what
I want, SKIP BLOCKS OF ADS CONVENIENTLY, and I
clearly said that both dvr-ms and mpeg files are acceptible.

> But, you say it won't work because "its [sic] 4:3 format".


Wrong again. I actually said that SAVING in mpeg format
produces that result but that converting from dvr-ms to
mpeg format WHICH DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH
4:3 FORMAT IS QUITE ACCEPTIBLE BECAUSE THAT IS FAST.

SO I DONT NEED NEW SOFTWARE TO PRODUCE MPEG FORMAT.

> OK, so your recording software saves in 4:3 format when using MPEG files.


And I dont care when its so quick and easy to convert dvr-ms files to mpeg.

AND THE PLAYER I HAVE CHOSEN TO USE PLAYS dvr-ms FILES
DIRECTLY ANYWAY, AND HAS AN EXCELLENT USER INTERFACE
THAT ALLOWS JUMPS OVER ALL THE ADS AND BIG JUMPS IN
THE FILE WHICH ARE HANDY WHEN YOU RECORD SAY MOST
OF THE EVENING'S TV BROADCAST INTO ONE FILE.

Reams of your desperate attempts to bullshit your
way out of your predicament flushed where it belongs.

> So, what, exactly is the problem you are having with
> your player software, then, that wouldn't be solved if
> your recording software didn't save MPEGs as 4:3?


The original post clearly said that the thing the players I had tried couldnt
do was skip blocks of ads conveniently, you stupid posturing clown.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Matthew L. Martin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2005

Top posted and completely snipped to be as intentionally rude as possible.

Mr. Rod Speed, you are an ass. I haven't seen anyone as arrogant and
simplistically bullheaded as you in a very long time.

HAND, IHTH, FOADSD.

Matthew

--
Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for video player with decent screen caps JustMe Computer Support 3 09-11-2006 07:45 PM
Do most ASP.NET positions require a decent amount of artistic ability? Bob Maxie ASP .Net 5 09-24-2005 01:11 PM
A decent review of Windows Media Player 10. Karen Parker NZ Computing 9 09-09-2004 07:09 AM
Are there any decent tutorials on how to format the table control in VS designer? Bill ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 02:52 PM
Looking For Decent Java IDEs Tim Zhao Java 10 11-17-2003 01:55 AM



Advertisments