Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Quiet Computer

Quiet Computer

Al

I am looking for a desktop computer which is
about as quiet as a notebook computer.

How can I find out what is available?

JANA

The computer has to be cooled somehow. Visit the links below for some
examples of fanless computers. There has to be some compromise to get rid of
the heat.

http://www.xoxide.com/reserator.html

http://www.stealthcomputer.com/littlepc_fanless.htm

http://www.tme-inc.com/

My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room. You can use a system
extender to extend the keyboard, monitor, and mouse. You can also have
facilities to extend the USB ports, and have a remote extended CD writer.

--

JANA
_____

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking for a desktop computer which is
> about as quiet as a notebook computer.
>
> How can I find out what is available?

JANATARD

JANA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The computer has to be cooled somehow.

*blink*

bw... bw... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No ****ing ****, Shylock?

You're ****ing mental. You have to be. There is no other explanation for
your ****ing idiocy. The poster asked about quiet desktop units, you useless
****ing shitstain. **** me dead.

> "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am looking for a desktop computer which is
>> about as quiet as a notebook computer.
>>
>> How can I find out what is available?

--
Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

Al

JANA wrote:
> The computer has to be cooled somehow. Visit the links below for some
> examples of fanless computers. There has to be some compromise to get rid of
> the heat.
>
> http://www.xoxide.com/reserator.html
>
> http://www.stealthcomputer.com/littlepc_fanless.htm
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112608,00.asp
>
> http://www.tme-inc.com/
>
> My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room. You can use a system
> extender to extend the keyboard, monitor, and mouse. You can also have
> facilities to extend the USB ports, and have a remote extended CD writer.

Geez, but what about the scanner, and the printer.
And what about the camera.

Thanks for the links. I'll check those out. I'm
willing to sacrifice a fair amount of performance
for some peace and quiet.

Plato

Al wrote:

> I am looking for a desktop computer which is
> about as quiet as a notebook computer.

There are hardware sites that specialize in quite case and cpu fans.
I've seen them a few times. More expensive, but whatever. Use google.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Chief OHara

"JANATARD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I am looking for a desktop computer which is
> > about as quiet as a notebook computer.

> My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room.

And the Power Supply Unit? In the Basement maybe? All you need is a good
Wiring!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wozza

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:49:53 +0000, JANATARD wrote:

> JANA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> bw... bw... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No ****ing ****, Shylock?

Shylock? Did he move to Baker Street?

donald

I went to newegg and purchased one of these antec cases. It is the quietest
machine I have ever heard. I installed an AMD 64 3400 retail with the CPU
cand included.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16811129122

donald wrote:
> I went to newegg and purchased one of these antec cases. It is the quietest
> machine I have ever heard. I installed an AMD 64 3400 retail with the CPU
> cand included.
>

> http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16811129122
>
> "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I am looking for a desktop computer which is
>>about as quiet as a notebook computer.
>>
>>How can I find out what is available?

So, how does it compare to a notebook, for example?