Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Six to Twelve Hour Hell

Six to Twelve Hour Hell

Bubba

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!

For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
association.

It was fairly sloppy - - - with the components scattered over several
different organizations. Hosted by Tripod; web forwarding by Namesecure and
DNS by Register.com. Each organization has different degrees of
responsiveness regarding tech support ranging from "Absolute Zero" with
Tripod/Lycos to "Fair" with Register.com. In an effort to consolidate this
mess, I subscribed to Web Forwarding with Register.com. I was told that as
DNS, Register.com could override the existing web forwarding by Namesecure.

Then the fun began.

Every six to twelve hours, I would check the website. Every six to twelve
hours I would find that it was still being forwarded by Namesecure. Each
chat with Register.com tech support would bring the same answer - - it takes
time, wait six to twelve MORE hours. (with variation - - one tech
suggested that I delete all cookies and temporary files and try again). I'm
reluctant to abandon Namesecure until I am certain that Register.com can do
the job. So far, it appears that I cannot.

In the meantime - - I am in "six to twelve hour HELL". This seems to be the
tech support equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

me

"Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Gqs9e.12276$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!
>

> For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
> association.

I hate HOA's

Robert Baer

Bubba wrote:
> ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH. SIX TO TWELVE MORE HOURS!
>

> For the last few years, I have maintained a website for our homeowners
> association.
>

> It was fairly sloppy - - - with the components scattered over several
> different organizations. Hosted by Tripod; web forwarding by Namesecure and
> DNS by Register.com. Each organization has different degrees of
> responsiveness regarding tech support ranging from "Absolute Zero" with
> Tripod/Lycos to "Fair" with Register.com. In an effort to consolidate this
> mess, I subscribed to Web Forwarding with Register.com. I was told that as
> DNS, Register.com could override the existing web forwarding by Namesecure.
>

> Then the fun began.
>

> Every six to twelve hours, I would check the website. Every six to twelve
> hours I would find that it was still being forwarded by Namesecure. Each
> chat with Register.com tech support would bring the same answer - - it takes
> time, wait six to twelve MORE hours. (with variation - - one tech
> suggested that I delete all cookies and temporary files and try again). I'm
> reluctant to abandon Namesecure until I am certain that Register.com can do
> the job. So far, it appears that I cannot.
>

> In the meantime - - I am in "six to twelve hour HELL". This seems to be the
> tech support equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

Transfer to GoDaddy; excellent support, and good pricing.