Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Maxtor HDD - technical details?

Maxtor HDD - technical details?

Gyorgy Sajo

Greetings,

I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?

Thanks,
Gyorgy

Colin

"Gyorgy Sajo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Greetings,
>
> I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
> BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
> manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
> values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?
>
> Thanks,
> Gyorgy

http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/...heets/diamondm
ax_10_data_sheet.pdf

Plato

Gyorgy Sajo wrote:

> I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
> BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
> manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
> values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?

If the bios cant see the drive then entering in the specs wont help. You
need a bios flash that addresses large drives or a pci controller card.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Robert Baer

Gyorgy Sajo wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have bought a Maxtor hard drive to my ASUS A7V133 motherboard. The
> BIOS can not detect the drive, so I want to enter the correct values
> manually. Does anyone know what are or where can I find the correct
> values for a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200 GB PATA133 HDD?
>
> Thanks,
> Gyorgy

Be advised that when you do get it working, do not install a second
hard drive *unless* it is another Maxtor of the same vintage.
Maxtor drives have had a bad habit of refusing to work with any other
brand of hard drive, or with a Maxtor of other vintages.
This has been the case since the early daze of PCs, an i do not
expect that pattern to ever be broken.