Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SSH stops working

SSH stops working

dt1649651@yahoo.com

Barry, Alex, Rave,

Thanks for your reply. It makes sense to check what you suggested (
more memory, NAT table is full, or ARP table is corrupted ).

This problem does not always happen . To be safe than sorry, I just
ordered a 512Mb to put in the router which is in production right now.

I have another same router in development. I am going to use some Linux
boxes, each for simulating one internal network, they will run the
script to change their ip, mac address, to issue some ftp/web access. I
hope this will help finding out the culprit.

Thanks again,

DT

dbn58

<(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Sometimes I cannot ssh to my router, a c2811 with advanced enterprise
> 12.4.1a, but if I restarts the router then it will work fine again.

Have you thought about this to be some kind of software bug? I mean, it
looks like random unsolicited behaviour whenever it happens. May be its a
bug. I think, may be you should try another release (e.g. 12.4.2T).

Extra information:

12.4.1a is a limited deployment IOS, while 12.4.2T is early deployment:

"Early Deployment (ED) ---
Software releases that provide new features and new platform support
*** in addition to bug fixes. ***"

"Limited Deployment (LD) ---
A Major Release of Cisco IOS software is said to be in the "Limited
Deployment" phase of its lifecycle during the period between initial FCS and
the General Deployment (GD) milestones."

dt1649651@yahoo.com

This problem just happened again. And I just found out that I set the
vtys only from 0 to 4, and I used all of them.

After extending this number, I am able to ssh to the router again.

DT

adm123 adm123 is offline
Junior Member
Location: NY

Hi all,

I have a weird behavior on my Cisco router here. I had to restart it for password recovery. Post restart, the config was restored from backup and since then SSH to router comes back with "Connection refused". I can telnet however.

I have several VTY lines, all with preferred transport mode as SSH:
line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 9 20
transport preferred ssh
transport input telnet ssh
line vty 5 15
exec-timeout 9 20
transport preferred ssh
transport input telnet ssh
line vty 16
exec-timeout 9 20
password 7 0945401A0D041B1E
transport preferred ssh
transport input telnet ssh
!

I have identical config on several other branch routers (2800) and it works fine. OS version is Version 15.1(4)M2