Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Compaq Computer Question....

Compaq Computer Question....

JAMES

I just a bought a Compaq Computer.

When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.

During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
comes on for about 10-15 secs.

What is this noise? Is it normal for Compaq? I had a Gateway that
never did that.

Plato

JAMES wrote:

> When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
>
> During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
> comes on for about 10-15 secs.

Sounds like it's missing one of the bottom rubber feet or it's not
sitting on all fours on your desk. Just a thought as I had one
hum/vibrate like that.

CLV3

> I just a bought a Compaq Computer.

My condolences. My first PC purchase was a Compaq. Never again!

> When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
>
> During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
> comes on for about 10-15 secs.
>
> What is this noise? Is it normal for Compaq? I had a Gateway that
> never did that.

JAMES

It has all 4 feet. This isn't a vibrate like a pager or phone, It
almost seems like the fan goes on real loud, but only the first few
seconds turning on the computer, and then every so often after.

Yea, I heared the bad rep of compaq, but my gateway was problems from
day 1, and the systen was only $380 after the rebate.

Lord Gazwad of Grantham

Plato, <|@|.|>, the melancholy, tongueless hamburger, and borer of holes in
wood, gnarred:

> JAMES wrote:
>>
>> When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
>>
>> During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
>> comes on for about 10-15 secs.

> Sounds like it's missing one of the bottom rubber feet or it's not
> sitting on all fours on your desk. Just a thought as I had one
> hum/vibrate like that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is but a dream within a dream.

me

"JAMES" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just a bought a Compaq Computer.
>
> When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
>
> During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
> comes on for about 10-15 secs.
>
> What is this noise? Is it normal for Compaq? I had a Gateway that
> never did that.

My Compaq also did the same,very annoying,just as you described.I had enough
of it eventually so i ****ed it off and built my own,which i should have
done in the first place !