Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Cable-Free Internet ?

Cable-Free Internet ?

Mick--U.K.

Hi All,
I have a question on behalf of a friend.
His NTL Broadband Internet is supplied to a point in an upstairs room.
He wants to relocate his computer in a downstairs room, but prefers
not to have rerouted cables around his house.
He believes that there is some device ( Transmitter / Receiver) that
can be installed at the original point, enabling him to use his PC
anywhere in his home.
Can anyone please advise if and where he could obtain one.

Thanks,
Mick

JTJersey

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:21:17 +0000, Mick--U.K. wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a question on behalf of a friend. His NTL Broadband Internet is
> supplied to a point in an upstairs room. He wants to relocate his
> computer in a downstairs room, but prefers not to have rerouted cables
> around his house. He believes that there is some device ( Transmitter /
> Receiver) that can be installed at the original point, enabling him to
> use his PC anywhere in his home.
> Can anyone please advise if and where he could obtain one.
>
> Thanks,
> Mick

Wireless Router. Available almost everywhere for around $70.00 and an
add-on card for the PC to accept it which might run around another $20.
--
Registered Linux User #267152