Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Repartioning a Dell Laptop

Repartioning a Dell Laptop

Richard O'Keefe

Two or three years ago I bought a used Laptop. Dell Latitude CSx.

Now I want to delete the primary partition and start all over with a
clean hard drive. I want to reinstall win 98 2nd edition.

My Dell notebook has a short cable to which I can hook up a 3.5"
floppy drive or I can hook up a cd rom drive. But I can't hook up
both at the same time.

When I cleaned up my desktop before selling it, I had to reinstall
win98 2nd. I used both the floppy and the cdrom drive.

Is it possible to install win 98 se with only one of the drives hooked
up or do I need something so that I can have both a floppy and cdrom
drive at the same time?

thank you, Richard

chuckieŽ

Original condition from Dell, the aforementioned laptop came with a floppy
drive. I'm guessing that you don't have this? (Personally, I have a C-600
Latitude and it has a floppy and CD ROM, but that's just me.) Now back to
you, I would suggest that you get your hands on the floppy drive that goes
into the media bay, then use the external CD ROM on the cable. Best case
scenario, you have both to go into the media bay (they're 'hot
swappable'...usually...)...luck...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...