Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > List of files

List of files

Internet Traveler

Dear Computer experts
How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a list
of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename. Is there
a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the printer? My OS is
Windows XP.
Thanks
IT

Kenny

Karen's Directory Printer, free from:

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--

Kenny Cargill

"Internet Traveler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Computer experts
> How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a
> list of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename.
> Is there a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the
> printer? My OS is Windows XP.
> Thanks
> IT

Jana

Try the link below. I've used it with Win 2000. This may work for you. I
have not tried it with XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q272623/

--

JANA
_____

"Internet Traveler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Dear Computer experts
How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a list
of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename. Is there
a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the printer? My OS is
Windows XP.
Thanks
IT

Dr. Bill

Internet Traveler wrote:
> Dear Computer experts
> How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have
> a list of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases
> rename. Is there a simple way of listing the files and sending them
> to the printer? My OS is Windows XP.
> Thanks
> IT

So you prefer the easy way heh!. Then ignore that *****wit* *Jana* ****** ,
cos that link applies to:
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
..Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
..Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
..Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
..Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
..Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
..Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
..Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
..Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition

Get printfolders http://pfolders.stratopoint.com/
Or a free one called directory printer:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
They work in XP.

Kyote

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:30:24 -0800, "Internet Traveler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dear Computer experts
>How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a list
>of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename. Is there
>a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the printer? My OS is
>Windows XP.
>Thanks
>IT

Go here

look for item number 112 in the first column and click it. This makes
it so you can right click any folder and log the contents to a text
file called folderlog.txt. It's simple and totally free. You might
even find other useful things on the web site. I know I have. Good
luck!

Kyote