Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Camera AS Scanner??

Camera AS Scanner??

Saref Aref

Hello to all.
Can I use my camera (Internet camera ) as a scanner (written text only ,
Not Photo) after I make a picture to this text (not photo ) by the camera?,
and I can print this text with the same size? I tried to do so, but I could
not.
Who can tell?
Thank you.
Saref

jerryg50@hotmail.com

I would guess, if you have a very good lens with a macro, a very good
camera, a camera stand, and proper lighting, you can photgraph a
document. But, it will never be as good as even a low cost scanner.

A scanner is the best for documents. The document is right up against
the photo pickup.

Jerry G.
======

JTJersey

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:43:11 +1000, Saref Aref wrote:

> Hello to all.
> Can I use my camera (Internet camera ) as a scanner (written text only ,
> Not Photo) after I make a picture to this text (not photo ) by the camera?,
> and I can print this text with the same size? I tried to do so, but I could
> not.
> Who can tell?
> Thank you.
> Saref

No matter what you photograph with your camera it's going to be picture
file in the form of a .jpg, .bmp, mpeg (if a movie) and so on. Same with
a scanner. If you are trying to save the file as an editable text
document you need OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Software.
--
Registered Linux User #267152