Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 506 reloads

PIX 506 reloads

AG+

Hello all,

I have a pix 506 v6.2(2), which reloads itself for no apparent reason and at
no fixed time. etc... It will run for days on end with no problems, then
spends a day trying to reload its image file, unless I power it down and up,
which corrects the problem for a couple of hours or days....

Any ideas where I can start looking.....

Thanks in advance
Fred

www.networking-forum.com

Could it be traffic related? Try removing it from the network for a
while to see if it reloads by itself. I had 520s that were reloading do to
inside virus activity...I think it was the Code Red virus.

Regards,
Steve
www.networking-forum.com

"AG+" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a pix 506 v6.2(2), which reloads itself for no apparent reason and
> at no fixed time. etc... It will run for days on end with no problems,
> then spends a day trying to reload its image file, unless I power it down
> and up, which corrects the problem for a couple of hours or days....
>
> Any ideas where I can start looking.....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Fred

AG+

Interesting.