Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Fitting new hard drive

Fitting new hard drive

Alan

How do I install a second hard drive please. I'm using windows XP and
have my first HD on one IDE lead as master, there is a spare SLAVE
connection mid way along this lead, so can I simply connect my second hard
drive to this making sure the jumper on the new drive is set at SLAVE. If
so, do I have to format and partition the new drive or is there something
in XP that does this for you.

AL