Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: toward or towards

Re: toward or towards

Wizard

Billy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Is it "he walked over toward the computer" or is it "he walked over
>> towards the computer" ???
>>
>> The microsoft word grammar checker doesn't complain either way...
>>

> Why not simply, "he walked towards the computer" or "he walked over to
> the computer"?

Walking towards something is not the same as walking over to something, you
useless ****stick.

Towards implies in the general direction of and does not imply an intent to
actually end up at the indicated place. Over to implies an intent to
actually end up at the indicated place, you useless, wet, sperm and ****
****stain on a homosexual's bedsheets.

Billy

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Billy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> Is it "he walked over toward the computer" or is it "he walked over
> >> towards the computer" ???
> >>
> >> The microsoft word grammar checker doesn't complain either way...
> >>

> > Why not simply, "he walked towards the computer" or "he walked over

> > the computer"?

> Walking towards something is not the same as walking over to

something, you
> useless ****stick.

Hence the first option I offered/asked about.
Why use the "over"?

****

Billy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Billy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>> Why not simply, "he walked towards the computer" or "he walked over
>>> to the computer"?

>> Walking towards something is not the same as walking over to
>> something, you useless ****stick.
>>

> Hence the first option I offered/asked about.
> Why use the "over"?

Why are you asking me, you ****ed in the head ****? It was you who ****ing
well used the phrase, hey. Do you often write things then later have no idea
why the **** you wrote what you did, you useless ****bubble?

Billy

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Billy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

over

over

> >> Walking towards something is not the same as walking over to
> >> something, you useless ****stick.
> >>

> > Hence the first option I offered/asked about.
> > Why use the "over"?

> Why are you asking me, you ****ed in the head ****? It was you who

****ing
> well used the phrase, hey. Do you often write things then later have

no idea
> why the **** you wrote what you did, you useless ****bubble?

OK obviously you are just being an asshole with no comprehension.
For your slow mind here it is again.
Rather than say "he walked over toward the computer", why not say it in
a straight forward manner as in "he walked towards the computer".
To complicated, then FOAD.

Wizard

Read your own words, chicken ****er.

'Why not simply, "he walked towards the computer" or "he walked over to the
computer"?'

See that two-letter word there, or? Well, that's a conjunction between two
independent clauses and marks one clause as being an alternative to the
other.

So, the choices are either ("why not"):

1. "he walked towards the computer"

OR

2. "he walked over to the computer"

For the ****witted amongst us, that would be you, I will state again:

Walking towards something is not the same as walking over to something, you
useless ****stick.

Now, you were saying something about comprehension, yes?