Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Large disk support after reinstall os problem

Large disk support after reinstall os problem

P.P.

Hello,

My computer has a 200 gb sata disk which I split in 2 partitions. The
first (system) is 40 gb and the second (data) is 160 gb.

When I installed Windows XP (I created a partition of 40 gb with the
Windows XP install cd), it only 'saw' 128 gb of my disk due the large
disk support problem. After I installed Service Pack 1 and Maxtor
Large Disk Enabler that problem was solved and I created the second
partition (160 gb) for my data.

My question is: what will happen with my data on the second partition
after i reinstall Windows XP? Service Pack 1 isn't integrated in the
install cd and Maxtor Large Disk Enabler will not be installed at
first. Will this result in data loss or does nothing happen as long as
don't 'touch' the partition? Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you.

P.P.