Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Music Generation Software

Music Generation Software

mr_vocab

Hi there,

Im after some computer sftware that will allow me to generate music on
my computer, similar to what garage band does for the mac.

I have tried acid pro with my friends but i actually want to compose
my music not just rip off libaries

Thanks
Nathan

Rick W.

Not sure if this is what you are looking, for but I've experimented with
music production software for a number of years. Check out these links,
http://www.steinbergcanada.com/shop.htm and
http://www.steinbergcanada.com/produ...e/cubasesl.htm The software is
available for both PC and Mac users and is reasonably priced at $129 CDN.
Presently awaiting shipment of this product. In the meantime, check out
http://www.fruityloops.com FL Studio5. I have used FL4 extensively, but
found the software had certain limitations and is sample library based.
Links of Interest:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Mus...or/default.asp CakeWalk Music
Creator
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/default.asp SONAR 4 Producer Edition
For freeware/shareware/demo music composition/production software visit
http://www.synthzone.com

Hope this helps...

"mr_vocab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi there,
>
> Im after some computer sftware that will allow me to generate music on
> my computer, similar to what garage band does for the mac.
>
> I have tried acid pro with my friends but i actually want to compose
> my music not just rip off libaries
>
> Thanks
> Nathan

Nathan

hi there
thanks alot for your help i will check our your links essentially i
have no musical instruments but I want to compose music on my computer.
As I am intering a short film competition, and all content has be
created by those who are working on the film.

Once again,
Thanks alot
Nathan