Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco 1700 username and password problem

cisco 1700 username and password problem

jcharth@hotmail.com

Hello I am trying to setup username/password on one of my routers but
it behaves different from the others when i type line vty 0 4
the login local does not exists, intead i get login authentication. How
do i set up login on this router? thanks.

Chris

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello I am trying to setup username/password on one of my routers but
> it behaves different from the others when i type line vty 0 4
> the login local does not exists, intead i get login authentication. How
> do i set up login on this router? thanks.

On mine I have,

username <user> password <pass>
!
aaa new-model
!
aaa authentication login collossus local
!
line vty 0 4
access-class 11 in
logging synchronous
login authentication collossus
transport preferred none

Chris.

RobO

Hi,

Not sure if this is correct but if you setup a local username on the
router then you should get the option under the line settings "login
local".

Local usernames are setup as follows:

username myusername password mypassword

Hope this helps.

Rob

jcharth@hotmail.com

Thanks Chris, I believe the problem i had was that i had line and no
local on my aaa authentication