Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Powerquest Second Chance

Powerquest Second Chance

Howard Jones

Hi Everyone.

I have a "Tiny Windows 98 Millennium Edition" computer and for some reason
or other I am unable to use my "PowerQuest Second Chance" to restore to a
previous point, I have also tried using my back up disc, but nothing, also
the original backup restore disks supplied with the computer. I have
uninstalled "Second Chance" and tried to reinstall, but I get an error.
"Unable to load "DRVRIFACE.DLL from C:\PQSC\PROGRAM" any ideas?? It appears
that there is a driver missing?? Where has it gone?? or Powerquest has moved
to another folder??

Thanks to you all.
Howard.J

Robert Baer

Howard Jones wrote:

> Hi Everyone.
>
> I have a "Tiny Windows 98 Millennium Edition" computer and for some reason
> or other I am unable to use my "PowerQuest Second Chance" to restore to a
> previous point, I have also tried using my back up disc, but nothing, also
> the original backup restore disks supplied with the computer. I have
> uninstalled "Second Chance" and tried to reinstall, but I get an error.
> "Unable to load "DRVRIFACE.DLL from C:\PQSC\PROGRAM" any ideas?? It appears
> that there is a driver missing?? Where has it gone?? or Powerquest has moved
> to another folder??
>
> Thanks to you all.
> Howard.J

Your mistakes were to use a hard drive manager and to use
"backup/restore" software.
Nobody should *ever* use either under any conditions; just asking for
trouble in River City.
I use a second hard drive in a removeable HD carrier, and only to do
a full *copy* of the main (primary master) HD using either DriveCopy or
Ghost.
When the master goes bad,the copy (on the shelf) becomes the new
master; i am back up in minutes and no format/install OS/install umpteen
programs.

system restore cd and powerquest pq image heavenbound Computer Information 0 07-04-2004 07:40 PM
second chance program robert MCSE 6 05-01-2004 05:59 PM
Symantec buys Powerquest. Good thing? GraB NZ Computing 4 11-15-2003 02:14 AM
Re: Powerquest Drive Image 7 kills Kodak easyshare 3.2.1.2 Mike Digital Photography 4 10-09-2003 05:07 AM
Re: Powerquest Drive Image 7 kills Kodak easyshare 3.2.1.2 FOR7b Digital Photography 0 09-13-2003 04:50 PM

Advertisments