Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Raid queries

Raid queries

Donald Gray

Have a computer with twin 200 Gb hard drives in 'stripe' mode (Raid 0
I believe)

I am regretting ordering it in that configuration as I cannot use my
beloved GoBack anymore! However, I have a couple of queries with
respect to Raid Technology.

1) Is it possible and if so, safe to defrag a Raid 0 pair?

2) Is it possible to reconfigure to Raid 1 (mirroring in the event of
a failure in either of the pair) without having to reinstall all
software, OS & data? (Logic tells me this is not possible but...ya
never know...)

--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk