Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2504 RX-BOOT

2504 RX-BOOT

Modu.Miah@gmail.com

A router I have only boots into RX-BOOT mode, I can't get it to do
anything. I want to load a new IOS which I have but don't know how! How
do I get into ROMmon mode so that I can load new IOS via xmodem?

Phillip Remaker

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>A router I have only boots into RX-BOOT mode, I can't get it to do
> anything. I want to load a new IOS which I have but don't know how! How
> do I get into ROMmon mode so that I can load new IOS via xmodem?

There is a good chance that your ROMMON is too old to support XMODEM.

From the RXBOOT you should be able to assign an IP address to the LAN
interface and use TFTP (copy tftp flash) which is MUCH MUCH faster than
XMODEM.