Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > News Individual - I should think no one know this yet...

News Individual - I should think no one know this yet...

Lord Gazwad of Grantham

free.teranews.com, <(E-Mail Removed).>, the drain-inhabiting, sugary idiot,
and make-up artist and wigmaker, pined:

> Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
>> news.teranews.com http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)t., wrote in message

>>> teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow
>>> and sometimes bad during peak hours --
>>>
>>> but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

>> Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

> Yes, you would get $0.00 back...because it's free ( except for a $4 --
> four dollars -- set up fee -- one time only ).
>

>> I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
>> such an outlay?

> Four dollars ?
>
> That's not even enough to buy a two minute buzz at your hasish
> shops...

It would buy your mother for a lot more than 2 minutes though.

is but a dream within a dream.

Kutloze Scheefgepoepte

free.teranews.com (E-Mail Removed)t., wrote in message
108681176.13157e2cf0ae82174f74edd716641850@teranew s:
> Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
>> news.teranews.com (E-Mail Removed)t., wrote in message

>>> teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow
>>> and sometimes bad during peak hours --
>>>
>>> but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

>> Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

> Yes, you would get $0.00 back...because it's free ( except for a $4 --
> four dollars -- set up fee -- one time only ).

It seems only fair that if they fail to provide the service they offer for
that amount of money, they should at least refund some of it if they
fail in their duty of care to the consumer, no?

>> I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
>> such an outlay?

> Four dollars ?

It all adds up. No one got rich throwing money away, now did they?

> That's not even enough to buy a two minute buzz at your hasish
> shops...

That's not really the point. You know what I mean.

--
I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

Kutloze Scheefgepoepte

Loz (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed):
>> 10pesos?
>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.

> Its not 10 pesos or 10 dollars its 10 Euros. They use the Euro in
> Germany.....

Well, there you go then, I'm not paying if they can't make up
their mind what currency they want it in.

They must think I came up on a banana boat to think I would just
so easily part with 10potatos on my credit card just like that without
knowing what exchange rate would be used.

That's just day light robbery, charging 10pesos for a fee of 10 more
dollars just to make payment... ridiculous!

--
I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

free.teranews.com

Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:

> It seems only fair that if they fail to provide the service they offer for
> that amount of money, they should at least refund some of it if they
> fail in their duty of care to the consumer, no?

Well, to be serious, that actually happened.

Two years ago, when I first subscribed with them, they were having some
problems with slow servers and it caused a login problem for me, that
made them constantly block my account.

I asked for my money back and they refunded the whole four dollars. (
$3.95 )

A few months later, I really needed the account ( because at work, I
cannot use my earthlink news service -- you have to be logged into
earthlink and have one of their DHCP acquired accounts ), so I
resubscribed and never had the problem again...although, I have also
been using individual since they are totally free.

NOw that individual has ( what I consider high ) free, I'm going back to
teranews.

Kier

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:57:07 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:12:05 +0100, Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
>
>> Glynn Bright wrote:
>>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
>>> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
>>> as of next week.
>>>
>>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
>>>
>>> Just thought you'd like to know.

>> 10pesos?
>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
>> Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
>> explaining the news.
>>
>> So thanks for the information. But too late...
>>
>> Regards.

> Well that should eliminate 99 percent of the cheap LinoTrolls that infest
> this group, COLA.

No, but it might get rid of a lot of Windows wankers.

> You could sooner get milk from a stone than get $1.00 from a Linux user.

Call yourself honest after this, flatfish, and everyone here will know you
are a liar.

--
Kier

relic

Lord Gazwad of Grantham wrote:
> relic, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the spaced-out, flyblown gooseberry,
> and examiner of food on sale at the markets, burbled:
>
>> Glynn Bright wrote:
>>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be
>>> charging 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through
>>> their servers as of next week.

>> No they won't be charging 10 Pesos per month.

> Who was that silly ****?

I believe it's safe to assume which group he posted from.

--
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to roll over in the
morning and see something really scary.

relic

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
> Glynn Bright wrote:
>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
>> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
>> as of next week.
>>
>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to
>> news.sympatico. Just thought you'd like to know.

> 10pesos?
> It's 10 dollars,

No, it isn't 10 Dollars a month either.

--
If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

relic

Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
> Loz (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
> (E-Mail Removed):
>>> 10pesos?
>>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.

>> Its not 10 pesos or 10 dollars its 10 Euros. They use the Euro in
>> Germany.....

> Well, there you go then, I'm not paying if they can't make up
> their mind what currency they want it in.

He left out the other correction that was needed.

--
If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

kier

Kier wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:57:07 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> 10pesos?
>>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
>>> Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
>>> explaining the news.
>>>
>>> So thanks for the information. But too late...
>>>
>>> Regards.

>> Well that should eliminate 99 percent of the cheap LinoTrolls that
>> infest this group, COLA.

> No, but it might get rid of a lot of Windows wankers.

They can afford to pay for things.

Lord Gazwad of Grantham

relic, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the grudging, tuneless shrimp, and grave
digger, screaked:

> Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
>> Glynn Bright wrote:
>>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be
>>> charging 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through
>>> their servers as of next week.
>>>
>>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to
>>> news.sympatico. Just thought you'd like to know.

>> 10pesos?
>> It's 10 dollars,

> No, it isn't 10 Dollars a month either.

It's aboot 7.19 in proper money, for aboot a year.

is but a dream within a dream.