Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco SDM is not working

Cisco SDM is not working

scottpepi@gmail.com

HI. I have been using the Cisco SDM to access my router from my PC for
a while. I am running Server2003 with SP1. I was able to access this
before SP1, but now I cannot access it from any machine. XP,
Server2000, Server2003 without SP1.
The install I did was the one on my PC, nothing was loaded on the
Router. I get my login screen, but then it comes back with the java
window, with this type of text in it.
Since you can read this, you are running either a non-supported browser
or you have disabled JavaScript.

You can enable JavaScript

on Netscape Communicator by checking
Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Enable JavaScript
on Microsoft Internet Explorer by enabling
Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level/Scripting/Active Scripting

After you have enabled JavaScript, push the "Back" button.
I am running java Version Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_01-b0
I had a problem in the past and had to use a different version of Java.

Once I click on the pop up bar at the top, I get another window with an
error that reads.
Startup Error
Application has not been granted with the necessary privileges in order
to startup successfully, or another unknown error occurred during
startup. Please close all involved browser windows and try again by
granting all requested privileges.
Is there a new version of SDM?

Martin Kayes

Several Cisco Java based products have problems using the latest Java 1.5,
try uninstalling Java and installing a slightly older version (must be
1.4.2_05 or higher though)

Regards,

Martin

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

SDM and SDM Express. AM Cisco 2 02-22-2008 04:52 AM
Difference between SDM and SDM Express Sammy Cisco 2 07-18-2007 01:38 PM
Comparing Cisco VPN concentrator and a Cisco 2800 router with SDM balroq@gmail.com Cisco 3 05-12-2005 05:39 PM
cisco 1720 SDM ivaturi@gmail.com Cisco 2 03-07-2005 09:33 PM
CIsco 827 and SDM AL Cisco 2 12-27-2004 11:14 AM

Advertisments