Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Do Not Want To Use A Operation Disc To Clean Computer

Do Not Want To Use A Operation Disc To Clean Computer

nomad8@webtv.net

I want to completely clean my computer, but do not want to use the HP
Operations Disc.
I was told there are other simpler ways to do this like pressing
particular typewriter keys in a certain sequence.
Anybody aware of this or of other methods?

Thanks

Al

Robert Baer

> I want to completely clean my computer, but do not want to use the HP
> Operations Disc.
> I was told there are other simpler ways to do this like pressing
> particular typewriter keys in a certain sequence.
> Anybody aware of this or of other methods?
>
> Thanks
>
> Al

First, you should define what *exactly* you mean by "clean".
1) Totally wipe the hard drive? If you do that, the HP computer will
never work again, as there are certain unknown files and/or other hidden
info on the hard drive that is *specific* to an HP computer (DELL does
the same crap). You might be better served using that HP Operations
Disk, if it has such a procedure available.
2) Remove un-used and/or un-needed programs? Use the Add/Remove Programs
sectiooon in the Control Panel.
3) Clean out leftover junk in the Registry after Un-installing programs?
There are a number of shareware programs that appear to do a reasonable
job of that. Ask in this NG for recommendations.
4) ???

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I want to completely clean my computer, but do not want to use the HP
> Operations Disc.
> I was told there are other simpler ways to do this like pressing
> particular typewriter keys in a certain sequence.
> Anybody aware of this or of other methods?

Do you want a 100% fresh install or just clean out files you dont need?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

nomad8@webtv.net

A 100% fresh install My system is a mess. I can use the HP operations
disc but without step-by-step instructions it is difficult to get
through it

Thanks

Allan