Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > IBM ThinkPad help?

IBM ThinkPad help?

Bill

I have an IBM ThinkPad ( 1171-1vu ) that had Win ME which I thought was
buggy clunky.

I formatted my hard drive which removed Win ME.

I then installed Win98SE. It installed properly except for one thing, the
monitor is set for 620x480 which is a terrible quality.

It presently will not let me set it for a higher value. Do I need a new
driver? And if so how do I go about installing it?

--
Bill

Sirius

news:kO8Qd.39005$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an IBM ThinkPad ( 1171-1vu ) that had Win ME which I thought was
> buggy clunky.
>
> I formatted my hard drive which removed Win ME.
>
> I then installed Win98SE. It installed properly except for one thing, the
> monitor is set for 620x480 which is a terrible quality.
>
> It presently will not let me set it for a higher value. Do I need a new
> driver?

most likely

> And if so how do I go about installing it?

start by downloading it from the IBM website