Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Channel Bonding/Load Balancing accross 2 ADSL lines.

Channel Bonding/Load Balancing accross 2 ADSL lines.

alanhs

Morning List,

I am looking for some advice as to the best way of achieving a more
resilient Internet connection. I have an exiting ADSL connection, and
am having a second line installed this week, this line is pseudo
diversely routed (routed through a different DSLAM).

Now I am looking at how/where to bring the feeds together, as far as I
can see, I can either do it at my firewall (IPCOP) or at my router.
(Cisco 1721, with 1 ADSL wic and 2 LAN connections).

I have static address spaces at both of the ISP's, and would like to
be able to aggregate the two feeds if possible.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

blackice

You could setup two equal cost static route and let the router do
session based load-balancing.