Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Another reason NOT to use Internet Explorer

Another reason NOT to use Internet Explorer

Brissie

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:55:06 GMT, "DalienX" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brissie wrote:
>

>> You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

>Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in
retail.

>the only reason mozilla is not already full of spyware is nobody has bothered to make
>any for it ye

Do you know anything?

Spyware is installed via ActiveX. Mozilla doesn't support ActiveX or
any similar technology. Reason? Because they're all unsecure and
completely useles

>is such that very soon it will be so chock full of spyware i dowbt it
>will even start.

Impossible

Rod Speed

Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DalienX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Brissie wrote

>>> You are using Mozilla, unless you're a moron.

>> Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

Not a ****ing clue, as always.

Brissie

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +1100, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> DalienX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Brissie wrote

>>> Internet explorer was made by professionals with a budget of millions

>> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
>> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

>Not a ****ing clue, as always.

Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their programmers who
are expected to work 80 hour weeks. High-level retail staff earn over
AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.

Rod Speed

Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> DalienX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
>>> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

>> Not a ****ing clue, as always.

> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
> programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

Bullshit.

> High-level retail staff

You never said anything about high level.

> earn over AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.

More bullshit.

Brissie

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:30:25 +1100, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Not a ****ing clue, as always.

>> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
>> programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

>Bullshit.

That's what I've been told

>> High-level retail staff

>You never said anything about high level.

I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

Rod Speed

Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their
>>> programmers who are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

>> Bullshit.

> That's what I've been told

And you were stupid enough to buy it.

>>> High-level retail staff

>> You never said anything about high level.

> I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

You lied.

Brissie

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:58:32 +1100, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Bullshit.

>> That's what I've been told

>And you were stupid enough to buy it.

Was told that by a careers guy who made a presentation at our uni on
what the job market in IT is and made that point telling us why we
don't want to work for Microsoft.

>>> You never said anything about high level.

>> I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

>Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

Yes "You'll get more working in retail"

You can get more working in retail

Rod Speed

Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> Rod Speed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> That's what I've been told

>> And you were stupid enough to buy it.

> Was told that by a careers guy who made a presentation
> at our uni on what the job market in IT is and made that
> point telling us why we don't want to work for Microsoft.

And you were stupid enough to buy it.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that there clearly are plenty who currently do work for
Microsoft that have noticed that its a complete pack of lies.

>>> I never said low-level. I said you can get more working in retail.

>> Caught lying again. You ACTUALLY said "You'll get more working in retail"

> Yes "You'll get more working in retail"

> You can get more working in retail

Nothing like the same, liar.

Uncle Bully

> Hello Mr Microsoft employee
>
> Internet Explorer doesn't even comply with the standards.

I've never had a problem with IE

> You can write a website exactly fitting the standards and it won't
> display correctly in IE. Had to laugh at Microsoft who created this
> example site which they said was 100% standard compliant and displayed
> correctly in IE, but not in Mozilla. Microsoft was half right, it was
> 100% standard compliant, but Mozilla displayed it correctly, IE
> didn't.

What do I care?
I've never had a problem with IE.

Uncle Bully

"Brissie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:25:01 +1100, "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Brissie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> DalienX <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> Do you have any idea how little Microsoft pays their programmers? Or
>>> the hours they are expected to work? You'll get more working in retail.

>>Not a ****ing clue, as always.

> Microsoft pay US$25,000(approx AUS$33,000) to their programmers who
> are expected to work 80 hour weeks.

That's on par for first year skilled labour. The "high-level retail staff"
you talk of would be someone with years of experience. Compare apples with
apples.

> High-level retail staff earn over
> AUS$35,000 a year working 60 hour weeks.

A few years back, an MS employee averaged 8 years work before becoming a
millionaire. I know of no retail positions that offer anything like that
sort of income progression.