Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > iso files

iso files

ibex

I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?

Brian

"ibex" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
> I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
> is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?

burn it.. its a CD image.

open your burning software an select burn cd image (or similar)>>feed it the
..iso file you downloaded and burn it

or get a cd drive emulator like daemon tools:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php

help files at:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...7cc2c9ccf86cdb

Plato

ibex wrote:

> I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
> I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
> is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?

isos are images of cds. See if you current burning program has an option
to write isos

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

JD

Plato wrote:

> isos are images of cds. See if you current burning program has an option
> to write isos

You can also open the files using WinZip, WinRar, WinISO, WinIMG, WinACE
etc if you just wish to extract the information .. or burn as a image
file to a cd.