Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse

John

I've decided I don't like this Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse I
got last October.

I don't like the insert key being placed elsewhere and the delete key
being bigger and the end key higher up.

I also don't like this F Lock button. I have to always press it to
get certain keys I use regularly to work.

And the biggest thing of all that really ticks me off, is when I try
to do a copy or cut using Ctrl and the C or X button, it never seems
to work no matter whenever I changed the position of the F Lock key.

If I want to copy or cut anything I have to use the mouse or the menu
to do it, the keyboard just doesn't work.

I wish I'd stuck with Logitech.

The only thing I do like about the Microsoft keyboard is the actually
keys themselves they are good to press and its easy to use apart from
the major problems I have. The mouse is excellent, no issue with that
at all.

Does anyone else have issues with the Microsoft keyboard and the Ctrl
& C or X for copying or cutting? Or is this just my keyboard?

Cheers

John

Jerry G.

I am supporting many systems, and have a few here at home. I found for
myself, I like the standard keytronix keyboard, that is based on the old
style IBM type. This keyboard is easy to use, and I am able to type at a
rapid rate with it.

As for a mouse, I like the standard MS optical, or the Logitech optical
mouse. To me both are very good. One mouse that I found that I really like
for general word processing, and email is the CIRQUE GDU-410. It is bit
expensive, but I like it a lot. This is a touch pad mouse.

As for wireless keyboards, and mice, I don't like them. They use batteries,
and have to be charged from time to time. If you forget to charge them, then
you have no mouse our keyboard to work with.

--

Jerry G.
=====

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Plato

Jerry G. wrote:

> I am supporting many systems, and have a few here at home. I found for
> myself, I like the standard keytronix keyboard, that is based on the old

The Keytronix is a classic heavy duty keyboard. Used to cost us $19
wholesale but I liked to include a nice keyboard with new systems or for
sale when a user's ten buck keyboard failed in less than a year. Those
five and ten dollar keyboards are just disposables.