Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cd burner problem

cd burner problem

Eric

Hello everyone,

I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
(JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
ones.

Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.

I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:

"The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"

I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
I get the same error.

Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
with the burner?

Thanks for the help,
Eric

effi

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
> (JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
> sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
> ones.
>
> Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
> Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.
>
> I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
> from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:
>
> "The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
> clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"
>
> I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
> I get the same error.
>
> Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
> with the burner?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Eric

it may need to be cleaned inside

Oldus Fartus

Eric wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
> (JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
> sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
> ones.
>
> Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
> Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.
>
> I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
> from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:
>
> "The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
> clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"
>
> I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
> I get the same error.
>
> Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
> with the burner?

Had the same problem early last year with that media with an old Liteon
16x burner. I blamed the burner and replaced it only to find the same
problems, and narrowed it down to the media.

I would try a different brand of media before blaming the drive.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus