Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > clkoptmizer adware

clkoptmizer adware

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

I have been trying to clear my cousin's computer network of a
particularly vicious adware/virus that Spyware Sweeper calls
Clkoptmizer. It installs itself in memory and in the MBR and Boot
Sector. Spyware Sweeper identifies the file that is responsible as
"aenbao.dll" and couldn't delete it. I went to a cmd prompt and found
the file in "C:/Windows/System32." I attempted to delete the file and
was denied access to it. When I boot up from the operating system
disk and go to the recovery screen, if I select recover it asks for an
administrator password, something he has never had. How do I get rid
of this file? I am trying to get around a complete reinstall of the
operating system. Apparently this thing proliferates itself over a
network since I found the same virus on his daughter's computer
connected through a wireless connection. This is no longer a problem
since I discovered he no longer has the operating system disk for it.
We are buying a new "xp home edition" on Ebay and I will install a new
system on her computer when it arrives.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
rkinserlow at cox dot net
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:06:37 -0600, Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have been trying to clear my cousin's computer network of a
>particularly vicious adware/virus that Spyware Sweeper calls
>Clkoptmizer. It installs itself in memory and in the MBR and Boot
>Sector. Spyware Sweeper identifies the file that is responsible as
>"aenbao.dll" and couldn't delete it. I went to a cmd prompt and found
>the file in "C:/Windows/System32." I attempted to delete the file and
>was denied access to it. When I boot up from the operating system
>disk and go to the recovery screen, if I select recover it asks for an
>administrator password, something he has never had. How do I get rid
>of this file? I am trying to get around a complete reinstall of the
>operating system. Apparently this thing proliferates itself over a
>network since I found the same virus on his daughter's computer
>connected through a wireless connection. This is no longer a problem
>since I discovered he no longer has the operating system disk for it.
>We are buying a new "xp home edition" on Ebay and I will install a new
>system on her computer when it arrives.
>
>Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
>Lubbock, Texas
>rkinserlow at cox dot net
>homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
>webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

I forgot to mention my cousins computers run xp home edition and his
is a Dell computer.

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
rkinserlow at cox dot net
homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

Robert Baer

"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." wrote:

> I have been trying to clear my cousin's computer network of a
> particularly vicious adware/virus that Spyware Sweeper calls
> Clkoptmizer. It installs itself in memory and in the MBR and Boot
> Sector. Spyware Sweeper identifies the file that is responsible as
> "aenbao.dll" and couldn't delete it. I went to a cmd prompt and found
> the file in "C:/Windows/System32." I attempted to delete the file and
> was denied access to it. When I boot up from the operating system
> disk and go to the recovery screen, if I select recover it asks for an
> administrator password, something he has never had. How do I get rid
> of this file? I am trying to get around a complete reinstall of the
> operating system. Apparently this thing proliferates itself over a
> network since I found the same virus on his daughter's computer
> connected through a wireless connection. This is no longer a problem
> since I discovered he no longer has the operating system disk for it.
> We are buying a new "xp home edition" on Ebay and I will install a new
> system on her computer when it arrives.
>
> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
> Lubbock, Texas
> rkinserlow at cox dot net
> homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
> webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html

...which means that it also will get zapped with the same virus over
their loco (pun intended) net.