Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Aironet 1200 with Microsoft radius server

Aironet 1200 with Microsoft radius server

keons1

I am trying to setup the aironet 1200 to proform mac address
authentication thru a Microsoft IAS server configured as a standard
radius server. The aironet sends the mac address and the password (the
mac address), Microsoft authencates it and send the reply, but the
aironet never authencates it. All the doc I have read say to use the
shared secert for the password but then microsoft will not authen it.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Ray

olivier.martin@gmail.com

If I am correct, I believe the username is the mac address, witouht
spaces or dots (aaaabbbbcccc) and there is no password. I used directly
my Aironet 1200 as a Radius server for that matter and the usernames
are configured like that :

username 004096a590a4 nopassword

I do not know how to make IAS work witout passwords... there must be a
trick.

Good luck!

Martin Bodenstedt

> If I am correct, I believe the username is the mac address, witouht
> spaces or dots (aaaabbbbcccc) and there is no password. I used directly
> my Aironet 1200 as a Radius server for that matter and the usernames
> are configured like that :
>
> username 004096a590a4 nopassword
>
> I do not know how to make IAS work witout passwords... there must be a
> trick.

The point is to use the mac address as the password.

Remember that you must authenticate the wireless acrd's MAC and not the
LAN Mac!

--
Martin Bodenstedt

www.landtag-bw.de / www.die-bodenstedts.de