Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: You cola nuts should be proud of me

Re: You cola nuts should be proud of me

Saionji Tomioka

7, <(E-Mail Removed)> , wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote:

>>> Or in other words cheating by any other name.

>> You just need to relax and accept the results. The Linux nuts who
>> reviewed the test did: "Linux RAID 0 performance isn't terribly good
>> for software RAID; (it's) much better with software RAID 5. On
>> Windows, performance with
>> RAID zero is very good." Then he opines " I'm not saying that we,
>> the Samba team, could have produced the same benchmark going in the
>> opposite direction." Kudos to him; that had to hurt his fragile
>> Linux psyche...
>>
>> Windows doesn't always beat up on Linux - just in market share and
>> revenue, on the desktop, and in the server room, and in the office,
>> and in the home, in the gaming arena, and as a multimedia and
>> entertainment system, and so on.

> Cheating by any other name is still cheating.
> If you can do any of this in windopes...
> I'm burning 16x speed CD 650Mbytes across my network
> and listening to uninterrupted MP3 music with 500MHz knoppix server
> and 750MHz Mepis PC and 100MHz ethernet cards.
> you'd have a point.

You have a point on the top of your head. Ethernet cards are rated in Mbits,
not ****ing MHz, you dumb ****.

Saionji Tomioka wrote:

> 7, <(E-Mail Removed)> , wrote:
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> You just need to relax and accept the results. The Linux nuts who
>>> reviewed the test did: "Linux RAID 0 performance isn't terribly good
>>> for software RAID; (it's) much better with software RAID 5. On
>>> Windows, performance with
>>> RAID zero is very good." Then he opines " I'm not saying that we,
>>> the Samba team, could have produced the same benchmark going in the
>>> opposite direction." Kudos to him; that had to hurt his fragile
>>> Linux psyche...
>>>
>>> Windows doesn't always beat up on Linux - just in market share and
>>> revenue, on the desktop, and in the server room, and in the office,
>>> and in the home, in the gaming arena, and as a multimedia and
>>> entertainment system, and so on.

>> Cheating by any other name is still cheating.
>> If you can do any of this in windopes...
>> I'm burning 16x speed CD 650Mbytes across my network
>> and listening to uninterrupted MP3 music with 500MHz knoppix server
>> and 750MHz Mepis PC and 100MHz ethernet cards.
>> you'd have a point.

> You have a point on the top of your head. Ethernet cards are rated in
> Mbits, not ****ing MHz, you dumb ****.

Is this the point in question? ---------> . <---- Look left

haraguroi-hito

"7" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ClMLd.4454$(E-Mail Removed) k
> Saionji Tomioka wrote:
>
>> 7, <(E-Mail Removed)> , wrote:

>>> Cheating by any other name is still cheating.
>>> If you can do any of this in windopes...
>>> I'm burning 16x speed CD 650Mbytes across my network
>>> and listening to uninterrupted MP3 music with 500MHz knoppix server
>>> and 750MHz Mepis PC and 100MHz ethernet cards.
>>> you'd have a point.

>> You have a point on the top of your head. Ethernet cards are rated in
>> Mbits, not ****ing MHz, you dumb ****.

> Is this the point in question? ---------> . <---- Look left

No, an electrical charge was responsible for producing that.

Whereas no electrical charge was present at all when you produced this
"100MHz ethernet cards", which means you take on a higher status as a
vegetable than was first discredited you.

<Follow up to comp.os.linux.advocacy, reinstated>

--
Expose your mind, and prepare for it to be ****ed on.