Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Cassini fails with An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Anbu

Hi All,

I'm using the Cassini component in my desktop application to create a
web site to host the web services. The application works fine in
normal scenario. If the system is kept idle for some time, the
application getting terminated with the following error:

Unhandled Exception : An existing connection was forcibly closed by
the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
at Cassini.Connection.WriteEntireResponseFromString(I nt32
statusCode, String extraHeaders, String body, Boolean keepAlive)
at Cassini.Connection.WriteErrorAndClose(Int32 statusCode, String
message)
at Cassini.Connection.ProcessOneRequest()
at Cassini.Host.OnSocketAccept(Object acceptedSocket)
at
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
state)

Is there any solution to solve this problem in Cassini?

Thanks for your help

=?Utf-8?B?QW5idQ==?=

There was similar error reported in BizTalk which creates & removes ports
dynamically. It would be interesting to know how to implement the same in
Cassini

"Anbu" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the Cassini component in my desktop application to create a
> web site to host the web services. The application works fine in
> normal scenario. If the system is kept idle for some time, the
> application getting terminated with the following error:
>
> Unhandled Exception : An existing connection was forcibly closed by
> the remote host
> at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
> size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
> at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
> at Cassini.Connection.WriteEntireResponseFromString(I nt32
> statusCode, String extraHeaders, String body, Boolean keepAlive)
> at Cassini.Connection.WriteErrorAndClose(Int32 statusCode, String
> message)
> at Cassini.Connection.ProcessOneRequest()
> at Cassini.Host.OnSocketAccept(Object acceptedSocket)
> at
> System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
> state)
> at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> at
> System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
> state)
>

> Is there any solution to solve this problem in Cassini?
>
> Thanks for your help

Anbu

I found the reason for failure of the cassini web server. It's due to
multiple calls to the server at the same time. When I invoke a
download functionality implemented in a web site, the cassini fails.

Any suggestions?

Juan T. Llibre

Check to see if the suggestions in this article are helpful.

http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive...18/470766.aspx

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"Anbu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I found the reason for failure of the cassini web server. It's due to
> multiple calls to the server at the same time. When I invoke a
> download functionality implemented in a web site, the cassini fails.
>
> Any suggestions?

Juan T. Llibre

You might also want to consider using Cassini v2.

An update was posted by its author at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dmitryr/archiv...09/548131.aspx