Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Norton Just Sits There

Norton Just Sits There

Gus

Only one time has Norton caught anything an d I think it was just a
tracking cookie.
I ran an anti spy scan tonight an had a hijacker and eliminated it. Why
is Norton charging such an outrageous price for ineffective programs?
What or is there a good security software program available?
I;m tired of dealing with cleaning the system every time I turn around.

Zilbandy

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:03:52 -0700, Gus <@rockymtn.net> wrote:

>I ran an anti spy scan tonight an had a hijacker and eliminated it. Why
>is Norton charging such an outrageous price for ineffective programs?
>What or is there a good security software program available?
>I;m tired of dealing with cleaning the system every time I turn around.

Norton is an anti virus, not a spyware program. I can't speak for the
newest versions as I dumped norton a couple of years ago. I use AVG
freeware version and AdAware plus Spybot Search and Destroy now.

--
Zilbandy