Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to write a programe that include both pipe(low speed system call)and signal

How to write a programe that include both pipe(low speed system call)and signal

Marco

Hi,
I have know that signal will interrupt some kind low speed system
call like pipe. But how to design a program that both support signal
and pipe?

I have a mplayer.py to play movie via os.popen2() and mplayer
slave mode. And there is a mplayer_ctl.py send signal to mplayer.py to
trigger function from mplayer.py. Sometimes os.popen2() is reading or
writing when user run mplayer_ctl.py the bad things raise...

Is there some better way to design the programe? Thank you

--
LinuX Power

Jordan

On Feb 15, 2:51 am, Marco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have know that signal will interrupt some kind low speed system
> call like pipe. But how to design a program that both support signal
> and pipe?
>
> I have a mplayer.py to play movie via os.popen2() and mplayer
> slave mode. And there is a mplayer_ctl.py send signal to mplayer.py to
> trigger function from mplayer.py. Sometimes os.popen2() is reading or
> writing when user run mplayer_ctl.py the bad things raise...
>
> Is there some better way to design the programe? Thank you
>
> --
> LinuX Power

Take a look at the subprocess module, which is meant to replace
popen[1,2,3...](). Also, please try to explain the problem again,
because I just can't decypher everything you're trying to do (and
say).

cheers,
Jordan