Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1200 Aironet

Cisco 1200 Aironet

Christian Mueller

Hello,

for testing i want to change the mac address of wireless interface of my
Cisco access point. I tried it with the following:

# configure terminal
(config)# interface Dot11Radio 0
(config-if)# mac-address 1111.2222.3333
end
exit

Now the mac is in changed in the config but via webinterface or
trafficsniffer the "old" mac is still in use. if i save the config and
reboot the access point it is the same

It feels like the accesspoint ignore the settings.

Can anyone help me?

thank a lot!!!

--
greets, chris

Uli Link

Christian Mueller schrieb:

> # configure terminal
> (config)# interface Dot11Radio 0
> (config-if)# mac-address 1111.2222.3333

AFAIK, better use a LAA starting with a even number.
This one looks like a multicast address.

Don't need to reboot, shutdown and no shutdown is sufficant.

--
Uli

Christian Mueller

Uli Link wrote:

> AFAIK, better use a LAA starting with a even number.
> This one looks like a multicast address.

In the webinterface (startpage/home) is a list with interfaces and the
changed mac(LAA) is now shown but in the menuitem "security" you can see
a list of SSID's of the accesspoint.
In this list the mac-address isn't changed and so the original
mac-address is broadcasted - not the new one

is there a trick to change it here too? i need for testing some
configuartion szenarios a changed mac on the wireless interface.

--
greets, chris

Uli Link

Christian Mueller schrieb:

> In the webinterface (startpage/home) is a list with interfaces and the
> changed mac(LAA) is now shown but in the menuitem "security" you can see
> a list of SSID's of the accesspoint.
> In this list the mac-address isn't changed and so the original
> mac-address is broadcasted - not the new one

Yes, have tried it now on a IOS-converted 1220B.

When I change the mac under interface Dot11Radio0

a sh interfaces still shows the bia for Dot11Radio0,

the laa appears under the Virtual Dot11 interface.

???

I'm still on 12.3-2.JA2 (and will stay there probably) without the
multiple ESSID broadcast feature.

TAC?

--
Uli

Christian Mueller

li Link wrote:
> Christian Mueller schrieb:
>
>> In the webinterface (startpage/home) is a list with interfaces and the
>> changed mac(LAA) is now shown but in the menuitem "security" you can
>> see a list of SSID's of the accesspoint.
>> In this list the mac-address isn't changed and so the original
>> mac-address is broadcasted - not the new one

> Yes, have tried it now on a IOS-converted 1220B.
>
> When I change the mac under interface Dot11Radio0
>
> a sh interfaces still shows the bia for Dot11Radio0,
>
> the laa appears under the Virtual Dot11 interface.
>
> ???
>
> I'm still on 12.3-2.JA2 (and will stay there probably) without the
> multiple ESSID broadcast feature.
>
> TAC?

Hello Uli,

i use the c1200-k9w7-tar.123-4.JA.tar image. it's a pitty that the mac
isn't changable

--
greets, chris