Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Crucial Ballistix PC2-5300 @ Viperlair

Crucial Ballistix PC2-5300 @ Viperlair

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Crucial has officially released some new memory modules today. We look at their new PC2-5300 kit.
"Performance takes a few forms. If your are a fan of synthetic memory tests than this RAM is significantly better that DDRI and overclocking helps quite a bit. However most of us don't run these tests continuously so we look to the real world results. For the most part there is no significant increase due to DDRII memory. The exceptions are TMPGEnc which shows a 4.5% increase by moving to DDRII, and the game tests which show a 3-5% increase in frame rate (3-4fps) also by moving to DDRII."
http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/mem...l/DDR2/pc5300/