Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Trying to send call to Asterisk

Trying to send call to Asterisk

Ramon F Herrera

Hello:

My AS-5300 is configured properly and switching calls to a hardware
(Dialogic) IVR.

Now, I would like to start experimenting with a software IVR based on
Asterisk, which I installed in a Linux server.

What I would like is to find out whether I have the correct dial peer
configurations. They look like this:

!Inbound Dial Peer:
!
dial-peer voice 874 pots
incoming called-number ^7224$
direct-inward-dial
port 2 ! an ISDN PRI is conected here
!

! Outbound Dial Peer:
dial-peer voice 7224 voip
destination-pattern ^7224$
session target dns:asterisk-server.domain.com
!

When I place a call into the number (xxx) xxx-7224 it is received
by the Cisco but it is rejected immediately with a "Destination out of
order" Q931 error message.

The "show dialplan number 7224" command looks fine, and I assume the
Cisco is configured Ok. However, it looks as if the Cisco is not even
trying to establish a TCP/IP session with the asterisk-server host
(according to tcpdump).

Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

-Ramon F Herrera